Blog Archive

Monday, August 13, 2018

Keriann goes to 1st grade

FIRST DAY of first grade (Tues.) - Keriann is very excited about starting school. She's especially happy to ride the school bus with her friend Bryna. Bryna was to come get Keriann at 7:55 a.m. Keriann arose before I did and was dressed and ready to go at 6:45. That meant she had one hour and ten minutes to ask repeatedly when it was time to go.
Keriann took a nutritious snack (carrots) and $1.25 for lunch. She came home with $1.25 and a note saying she owes $1.25. She told me, "It was too late to pay." She wanted to bring a packed lunch the next day because she doesn't know when to pay.

2nd day (Wed.) - Keriann brought a cut up apple for a snack. I gave her the $1.25 for Tuesday's lunch, $1.25 for today's lunch plus 35 cents for icecream. When I asked if she enjoyed her icecream, she told me she didn't have enough money for icecream. Then she pulled out another note saying she owed 65 cents for today's lunch. Now I was confused.

3rd day (Thurs.) -Keriann brought a baggie of carrots for a snack. I wrote the teacher a note explaining the amounts of money I sent yesterday. I asked, "Did Keriann lose some of it?" I taped the note to her folder, which goes back and forth between the teacher and me every day. All I sent was the $1.25 for today's lunch.
The teacher never got the note. Keriann came home with another note saying she owes 65 cents.


4th day (Fri.) - I sent $1.25 for today's lunch, 65 cents for Wed.'s lunch, a cut-up apple for a snack and this time I wrote directly on the folder instructing Keriann several times to "show this to Miss Davis." I told Miss Davis, "Keriann lost $1.00 on Wed."
Finally, success. Miss Davis actually received my note, and yes, she did find a dollar that no one claimed. The money came home with Keriann that day. Four baggies full of decayed snacks came home on Friday too.
Yes, this promises to be a GREAT year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment