Blog Archive

Sunday, April 30, 2017

She's my MOM! She is NOT an old hag! by Bob Geertz

MOM at Idlewild Park, 2004

To the drunk fool who recently 
called my mother an old hag.
 She is not! 

She is a small child born in the great depression, 
playing with dolls and dressing up, 

eager to attend school along with her big sisters.

She is a good student, 
soaking in knowledge to carry her through life.
She is buying 
licorice lollipops when she hears of the attack on Pearl Harbor. She is scared. 

She is a teenager seeking 
mischief and love. 

She is a school teacher, engaged to a promising engineer.

She loves long hikes, 
canoe trips and sailing.
Lloyd and Abbie, Amy and Bobby Geertz


She is a loving mother of two, teaching them all she knows. 
She is a Pirate fan, taking her kids to games, 
cheering them onto championships.



Mudie sisters- Buffy, Elsie and Abbie








She is loyal n loving as her teens turn to rock n roll, parties n trouble.


Abbie with MUM and DADDY


 She is sad as she abruptly becomes a widow.
 
She is a loving Grandma helping n watching them grow. 

She is tired and angry that she can no longer do what she is used to. 

She cannot wait til her grandkids come over and tell of their day at Kennywood or a camping trip. 



She's my Mom! She is not an old hag!



Wow, that's beautiful, Bob, and so is Abbie! The fool who made the remark accomplished nothing but to reveal how ignorant he is, while you seized the opportunity to elevate the moment to something moving and meaningful. Your Mom raised a good man - rock n roll, mischief, and all! 
Robert Geertz David we HAVE to get together soon. Our kids never met. Love ya cuz.
Vicki Howard Thanks for tearing me up! Very sweet & sentimental 
Dee Kulbacki Simply beautiful...
Mark Kennet And she's my aunt!
Leslie J. Lepor Very well said and that guy is a asshole!
Kerry Michelle I am crying too. This was beautiful
Kerry Michelle You should have hit him over the head with a beer bottle
Kerry Michelle No party foul... Make sure you drink the beer first
Tammy Onder I don't know your mom but I know she must be an incredible woman because she raised an amazing son. 
Jay Klein Nice Bob.
Ginnie Lumpkin I'm afraid I'd have said something VERY un-Christian to the idiot. You handled that incredibly well hon.
Robert Geertz Just for the record, I was not present when this incident occured and I was more upset than Mom. Its over. We won. Hes still an asshole, I felt good writing this n my Mom cried when she saw this and wants me to write all this down for her to keep. All the comments n likes too. Thanks gang. Im thinkin Im gonna add to it. Make it longer, more details, more stories.
Daniel M. Spicuzza That punk a$$ bitch...if I was there when this happened...I would most likely have ended up in the ol hotel graybar...
Lynn Jeffery-Campbell Wow Bob. That tugged on my heart-strings. You're a great son and great person. Never change!
Rich Decenzo That says it all brother , MOM is a very special lady brother , So sweet .., depression days my parents were born in 19 25 / 26 .. What year was mom born
Peg Keady That's a wonderful tribute. I believe with all my heart that they were(are), truly, the greatest generation.

Michelle Lachaussie Bob, you are a good son! Your Dad is watching from heaven and he knows his love is in good hands.



1 comment:

  1. Bob is such a great story-teller and writer! I am so glad he's writing these stories! I have been trying to encourage him to WRITE THINGS DOWN for years! YAY

    ReplyDelete