Blog Archive

Sunday, November 20, 2016

"Don't be farting on me all night."

FUNNY FUNNY NOISES
Shamus and Kirsten had moved from Pittsburgh one year and a fairly sizable group of us visited them for a couple of days. Buffy, my mother, Abbie, and Kirsten's mom, Elsie were there and it was bedtime.
The victim is Kirsten's mother Elsie Miller- sitting next to Abbie, the intended target.

 Buff was sharing a bed with Elsie, but there was some confusion and she thought she was sharing a bed with her sister Abbie. So she supposedly said, "DON'T BE FARTING ON ME ALL NIGHT." What is Elsie supposed to say at that point?
Here are two Mudie sisters Abbie and Buffy.


This incident took place when Jan was living in Florida. In those days, long-distance calls were expensive and I didn't call her unless something was extremely important. Well, I deemed this story "extremely important" and I had to call Jan. We laughed and laughed about this. One of us (Mom) is still cracking up at it!






PEEING OFF THE PORCH
The other thing that cracked up the Mudie sisters for their entire lives was the house on Mt. Troy Road they lived on for one year. Mom might have been 9 and Buff was 10 and apparently they peed off the porch and it was FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY. Mom still cracks up when I mention peeing off the porch! 

Nobody can explain WHY this has cracked them up. Personally, I don't want to think about it.


"SOME DIRTY BASTARD STOLE MY UNDERWEAR"


Another "crack me up" story the Mudie sisters enjoyed forever was an interesting girl who went by the name Virgie. She worked with them at a tobacco farm in Connecticut. This crazy girl accused people of stealing her underwear, as if anyone would do that. "Some dirty bastard stole my underwear!"  




No comments:

Post a Comment