Blog Archive

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A lousy hot fudge sundae




WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?


Going to town used to be such a treat in itself. We rode PAT buses and often met Aunt Lou, Aunt Elma, Jan or Buff under the Kaufmann's clock. We ate lunch at the Tic Toc Shop where I ordered chicken with rice soup that came with tasty, salty crackers from the children's menu. But one time I was so jealous. The waitress brought me a stupid, hot fudge sundae for dessert, but she served Aunt Lou a delicious-looking half grapefruit. The chilled pink grapefruit was pre-cut with a knife so it would be easy to eat it with a regular spoon. I was so disappointed. What is this hot fudge thing? Is it hot or cold?Whatever it was, I didn't want it. YUCK! I am sure I was very verbal with  my complaint.
Well, Aunt Lou had quite a sweet tooth. She couldn't believe I would prefer a grapefruit over a sundae, but she gladly traded with me. And she never forgot that. She told everybody that I traded my hot fudge sundae for her grapefruit. She got such a kick out of that story!





1 comment:

  1. I read this story to Liam and BRADY thought he would opt for the sundae instead of the grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete